

School and work were the only things going on , until Thursday. Valentines day was fun. I couldn’t eat any candy because I gave up sweets for Lent. I got a gift certificate for a massage from my fiancé. My mom loves holidays so; Thursday morning our kitchen table had flowers and hearts everywhere. She gets me a present every Valentines. I know Valentines is just a holiday for stores to make money but I think it can be fun. I grew up with Valentines being about love, not necessarily about sweethearts. I guess I cant say much since I have dated my fiancé for the past seven years. Even if I didn’t have a sweetheart, I would still participate in Valentines. I don’t think you should go out and spend 100$ on flowers ; Valentines day just a day to stop and appreciate the people you love. I always get my best friend something and my parents. This year I got everyone at work a Spongebob valentines. The kind you passed out when you were a kid. Everyone at work wore pink or red and even some of our patients. On Valentines day I went by my friends house and left a bag of goodies on her car. I got a bag of pop rocks because we used to eat them in Elementary School along with other candy.
I don’t know much about the history of Valentines; so I searched the web and found out some interesting things. Valentines day, besides the United States, is celebrated in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. One website said that Valentine was a priest that would perform illegal marriages for soldiers. In third century Rome it was outlawed for soldiers to marry. Valentine was discovered and killed. Another story I found was that while in prison. The priest, Valentine sent a letter to a girl he fell in love with and signed it “From your Valentine.”
I don’t know much about the history of Valentines; so I searched the web and found out some interesting things. Valentines day, besides the United States, is celebrated in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, and Australia. One website said that Valentine was a priest that would perform illegal marriages for soldiers. In third century Rome it was outlawed for soldiers to marry. Valentine was discovered and killed. Another story I found was that while in prison. The priest, Valentine sent a letter to a girl he fell in love with and signed it “From your Valentine.”
1 comment:
Good information!
K. Smith
Eng. 226
Post a Comment