On February 3, 2008 I woke up around 10:00 and went into the kitchen to get some breakfast. My mom told me that that morning Matthew had passed away. I was shocked . I knew he was sick but I just read the website and they had seemed positive. He was only fifteen years old and had gone though two heart transplant and one kidney transplant since November 17, 2008. He was the bravest person I’ve ever meet. He has had to endure open heart surgeries and hospital visits since he was born. I remember when I was nine my mother telling me that Mrs. Campbell’s baby might not make it. I remember praying for him every night and it was a miracle that he lived fifteen years. One of the memories I have of him is we had a lemonade stand in the summer on our block. He lived across the street with two older sisters. We would all go to the end of the block and sell lemonade. He would always end up wanting to play football after about thirty minutes. He was always smiling and I never heard him complain or feel sorry for himself. He would just be at my house and nonchalantly say ,” Oh yeah I have to have heart surgery this weekend. I hope I feel better my Monday so I can go to my boy scouts meeting.”
Matthew Campbell will be greatly missed and I pray for his family. I hope they can remeber all the fun tines they had with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry about your friend. That's very sad.
K. Smith
Eng. 226
Post a Comment