Saturday, March 1, 2008

Baseball and Jeffery Dahmer

Last Sunday my family went up to LSU-S fields and played baseball. I didn't know if I wanted to go at first; baseball isn't my favorite sport. I had a blast and actually played well. My sister had struck out three times in a row and finally hit the ball. The problem was it hit her son smack in the forehead. He was knocked down and we thought he might have a concussion. He ended up being fine and made a home run later.

Wednesday night I read an interesting story. My mothers church group was reading In the Grip of Grace and she said that there was a chapter on Jeffery Dahmer. He was the one who murdered seventeen people and ate some of them. This proved to be an interesting dilemma. The author wrote about her struggle to accept that such a horrible person can be forgiven. In prison Dahmer said that he found God and that he repented. I understand what she is talking about; it seems almost unfair that he could be forgiven so easily. Its hard not to hate people that commit such awful crimes. "It's our job to hate the sin. But it's God job to deal with the sinner." I think that this is a hard rule to follow, but we should try.

1 comment:

dotsmom said...

But aren't you glad that forgiveness exists? And who's to say who should or should not be forgiven?

Love the picture this week--looks like my cats when they're hungry!

K. Smith
Eng. 226